This delicious sweet semolina cake is prepared pretty much everywhere across North Africa and the Levant.
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of medium semolina
- 1 egg
- the zest of orange
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch of salt
syrup: 1 cup of orange juice 1/2 cup of sugar 1/2 cup of water
- In a large bowl, transfer the semolina flour, sugar and salt. Mix the ingredients together .
- Add the buttermilk and the baking soda and the other ingredients, mix the dough making sure that all the ingredients are nicely combined; it should not be runny.
- Grease pan with butter and pour the batter into a baking dish – the cake will not rise. then Bake for 20-25 minutes until nicely golden. .
- Meanwhile mix the syrup ingredients,when the basbousa is baked and nicely golden remove from the oven and directly pour the syrup over the cake, allow to cool before cutting, decorate with coconut or an almond …
serve and enjoy the tasty semolina cake 🙂
*If you tried the recipe ; tell me how did you find it 😉