Harsha is a kind of bread which made by semolina. the moroccan people served this kind of bread “Harsha” with honey, olive oil or butter with a cup of Moroccan mint tea. its simple to prepare and it does not take much time.
- 500g of fine semolina.
- 50g butter.
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar.
- 1 baking powder.
- ½ tsp baking yeast.
- ½ cup oil.
- 1 tsp vanilla.
- Some salt to taste.
- Water for the dough.
- First of all, put semolina in a bowl with granulated sugar, baking powder, baking yeast, vanilla. and some salt to taste, after that add oil and butter and try to mix well all these ingradients with your hands.
- Add water little by little and mix till you get moist or damp dough.
- For 20 minutes let the dough to rest until to be dry.
- Put a none stick pan on a low fire.
- Make small balls or a big one from the dough and use semolina on the surface, then flatten with hands until you get a thick disc.
- On the hot pan put the harsha and cook over a low heat on both sides.
- Finally, serve the Harsha with honey,olive oil or cheese and with Moroccan tea or whatever you want.