Krichlat are small crispy cakes which are generally served with the mint tea.
- 170gr sesame seeds
- 500gr of wheat flour
- 1 tbsp of anise
- 1 tbsp of fennel
- 1/2 cup of vegetal oil
- 1/2 cup orange blossom water
- 100 gr sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Grilling on the stove some sesame seeds, fennel and anise to raise their taste (just 3-4 minutes).
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients; the seeds of sesame, eggs, the anise, water, the fennel, sugar, the sunflour oil, the orange blossom water, the yeast and the salt.
- Mix the whole with hands then add the flour until to have a very homogeneous dough.
- Let rest the dough during 15 minutes.
- Work the dough with your hands to make sticks then cut each stick into small pieces with a knife, these small pieces of dough will become our tasty krichlats.
- Place krichlats on a baking sheet and put them in a preheated oven 200°C for 15 minutes until browned on top.
- Finally serve with Moroccan tea.
*If you enjoy it, tell us your view about these tasty kerichlats 😉