Moroccan cow feet with chickpeas is the right comfort food for you during this winter . Also called ker’een in Morocco, this traditional dish is not difficult to make. It is very delicious and rich in flavor and health benefits,
- 2 calves feet, cut into pieces
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 to 8 cloves of garlic , finely chopped
- 2 or 3 small pieces of cinnamon stick
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon saffron crumbled
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup dried chickpeas
- The night before, soak the dried chickpeas in a generous amount of cold water.
- Wash and clean the feet carefully. The hooves can be discarded. Also, remove any loose bone fragments.
- Put the feet in a deep pressure cooker with the onions, garlic, spices, and oil. Add enough water to come almost to the top of the meat, cover, and bring to a simmer.
- Cook the meat for 1 1/2 hours with medium pressure. Stir and taste for salt, adding more if desired.
- Drain the chickpeas and add them directly to the pot.
- Cover and continue cooking with medium-low pressure for another 2 1/2 hours
- Continue cooking without pressure to reduce the liquids to a thick sauce.
Serve it warm and enjoy it 😊