Tchicha or dchicha it’s a kind of Moroccan soup like lahrira ; also it has another name called hessoua .
- 500 g of crushed barley semolina
- 2 chicken stock
- 100 g chopped onions
- 100 g fresh tomato
- Olive oil
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of ginger
- salt to taste
- In a bowl peel and seed the tomatoes carefully, cut into very small dice and chopped onions. In a broad and deep pot, pour the olive oil and fry the onions. Let brown on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the semolina with cold water and let it drain in a colander to fine grid. Then pour it over the onions. Sprinkle cold water and chicken broth.
- Add salt and pepper and let cook gently 10 minutes , watching and stirring regularly with a spatula. Add the diced tomatoes. Then add it to the semolina while continuing to simmer for 5 minutes
- Stir everything well with a spatula, and give one last little broth for about 2 min.
*serve warm and enjoy 😉