Taktouka is a type of Moroccan salad. It is usually served warm but can also be served cold. It can accompany meat or fish, but also a tajine or you can just dip some bread in it!
- 3 red and green bell peppers.
- 5 tomatoes.
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed.
- 1 tablespoon paprika.
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- broil the whole peppers in the oven. Then, place them in a plastic bag for 10 minutes to sweat them.
- In pan, dice the tomatoes and sauté them with olive oil until all the water is evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, peel and clean the peppers from the seeds and stem. Finely dice them.
- When the tomatoes are cooked, add the peppers, sugar, garlic, and paprika.
- Cook for about 20 minutes on high heat.