These tasty, delicious doughnuts are sometimes made at home but are often bought from street vendors .
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl mix the flour and salt ;yeast mixture,and water, stir with your hand or a spoon until smooth. The dough should be too sticky to knead or shape
- leave the dough to rise for one to two hours by covering the bowl, until double or triple in bulk.In a wide pot heat at least an inch of vegetable oil until hot
- Fill another bowl with water and set to the side. You should have three bowls ready. One with your dough, one with water, and a third with sugar.
- Cover a large plate with paper toweling or a towel. To begin dip your hand in the water and pull off a piece of dough about the size of a plum.
- Using your fingers make a hole in the dough and stretch into a ring.
- Place into the oil. Repeat with the remaining dough. Be careful not to crowd the pan.
- Depending on the size you may only be able to do 2 or 3 at a time. Fry them until golden brown, flipping a few times to make sure both sides are cooked well
- Remove from oil and set on plate to drain.
serve warm with a cup of tea and enjoy 🙂
*If you try these tasty, delicious doughnuts, don’t forget to tell me your view 😉