In the absence of an earthen oven that is generally found in the villages of Morocco, we can prepare this barbecue in the traditional oven.
- 2-3 racks of lamb ribs
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Ras elhanout
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons ginger powder
- 5 tablespoons butter cut into pieces and kept cold until needed.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Trim of excess fat from lamb cut and discard. Sprinkly kosher salt over meat.
- Place in roasting pan. Combine remaining ingredients to make a rub. Massage the ribs with the spice mix.
- Cut half of the butter into chunks and rub on after the spices.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Cook for 2 hours max.
- Remove foil, baste and allow leg of lamb to cook for 3 hours, or until skin is golden brown.
- Continue to baste and add more butter each hour as needed.
- Remove from oven and serve warm!